Cooking timing 18 to 20 minutes.
Ingredients of chana pindi
- Cumin seeds - 2 tablespoons
- Pomegranate seeds - 2-1/2
- Water - 4 cups
- Chickpeas soaked overnight or in hot water for 2 hours and drained
- Salt - 2-1/2
- Brown cardamoms - 4
- Cinnamon - 5 sticks
- Cloves - 10
- Coraiander powder - 4 tablespoons
- Pepper powder - 2 - 1/2 teaspoons
- Garam masala powder - 2 teaspoon
- Mango powder - 3 tablespoons
- Green chillies slit - 6
- Ginger cut in to thin strips - 15gms
- Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 1/2 cup
- Onion sliced - 1 medium
- Lemons cut into wedges - 2
How to make
- In a pan roast together pomegranate and cumin seeds and grind to a powder.
- Pour water in to cooker.Add chickpeas.4 teaspoon salt,cardamoms,cinnamon and cloves.Stir once.
- Close cooker.Bring to full pressure on high heat.Reduce heat and cook for 18 minutes.
- Now remove the cooker from heat and allow to cool naturally.
- Open cooker,drain off cooking liquid and reserve.Add remaining salt (3-1/2 teaspoons),pomegranate,cumin,coriander,pepper,garam masala and mango powders.Mix well till chickpeas are evenly coated with spices.Sprinkle chillies and ginger on top.
- In a pan heat oil and ghee together till smoky for 5 minutes and pour evenly over chickpeas.Add cooking liquid.
- Place cooker with chickpeas on medium heat and cook till liquid dries up and oil show separately approximately for 10 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Remove cooker from the heat transfer chickpeas onto serving dish.Serve hot,garnished with lemons and onion.