Make tasty pizza at home,this is pure vegetarian pizza with chees,capsicum,tomatoes,garlic etc.
Firstly start from pizza base
- Three cups maida (flour)
- Take 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/4th table spoon sugar
- 2 table spoon olive oil
- 1/2 table spoon salt
- olive oil for brushing
- flour,cornmeal or semolina for sprinkling
- Take 4 to 5 tomatoes
- 2 to 3 garlic
- Take 2 table spoon olive oil
- 2 table spoon red wine
- 2 table spoon dried basil
- 1 table spoon dried oregano
- crushed black pepper
- 1 capsicum/bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tomato if you want
- 8-9 pitted green olives, sliced
- 8-9 pitted black olives, sliced
- grated mozarella cheese as required
- fresh or dried herbs
Start from pizza bread:
- sprinkle sugar in warm water.
- add yeast. stir and let the mixture sit at room temperature for 10-15 mins till it becomes frothy,
- in a bowl add one cup flour, salt, olive oil and the frothy yeast mixture.
- stir. add another cup of flour.
- stir again. the mixture become sticky.
- add the last cup of flour and continue to stir.
- knead the dough into a smooth, springy ball.
- apply some olive oil all over the dough.
- cover loosely and keep in a large bowl at room temperature for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- the dough will double up and nicely leaven.
making the tomato basil pizza sauce:
- blanch the tomatoes and the chop them.
- heat oil. fry the chopped garlic,
- add the tomatoes and wine.
- let them cook uncovered for 4-5 minutes.
- add the herbs, salt and pepper.
- mix well. cook further for 3-4 minutes.
assembling the veg pizza
- flatten the dough to a disk.
- on a floured surface roll the dough.
- place the dough onto a greased and dusted pan.
- brush some olive oil on the pizza base.
- spread the tomato sauce on the pizza.
- top with the veggies.
- spread the grated cheese.
- bake the veg pizza in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at 200 degrees C.
- serve veg pizza hot.